Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Party's Over

It was great. It was different. In NJ when I threw a party most of the people were in one room. Here in Madison they were all over the house, upstairs and downstairs and outside. It's hard to play the hostess role with people that spread out.

And did they eat! I guess it's a tribute to my cooking, but I think I should have made more. Everything turned out the way I'd planned except the potatoes could have been a little crunchier. But there wasn't one chunk left so I guess they were all right.

All in all, it was a perfect housewarming party. The house was filled with family and friends, all seemed to be having a good time, all of our hard work was appreciated, and it's all a blur to me. That's usually a sign of a good party. If I don't have time to focus on "what's wrong", then usually nothing is. After so much planning, it just all seems to go by so fast. My head is spinning.

I was especially moved by all my family who traveled two hours to be here. How great that they made that effort. I've simply got to get to Sheboygan to see them more often.

But for now, exhaustion is settling in fast and my bed is beckoning louder and louder.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment