Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Throwing a Party

I'm planning a party. It's intended to be a housewarming and I'm excited to have my family and friends here. My kitchen will get a real workout and I'm happy about that. It's a little short notice so I'm not sure how many will be able to attend.

Parties are such a lot of work. Planning the menu, shopping, cooking, cleaning the house--getting yourself ready (I tend to forget that one). It seems like it's frantic work up till the first guest arrives. Then it all becomes a blur and all of a sudden they're all gone! Still it's fun and a nice challenge.

The photo I've included is from one of my more successful Christmas Parties. Always lots of work and lots of fun. We always sing Christmas Carols (everybody does) and almost raise the roof. Tons of food, beautiful decorations, roaring fire, great company and music to boot. A perfect way to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment